Sunday 30 October 2011

A very good place to start...

It's hard to know where to begin, not being particularly au fait with blog etiquette or style... Searching for inspiration, I remembered that The Sound of Music suggests we begin at 'the very beginnning', and my first memory was that Lewis Carroll agreed, saying: 'Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop'.  However, on further investigation (looking on 'the google'), I discovered that the tale of Alice in Wonderland gives conflicting advice, i.e.

'I could tell you my adventures - beginning from this morning,' said Alice a little timidly: 'but it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.'
'Explain all that,' said the Mock Turtle.
'No, no! The adventures first,' said the Gryphon in an impatient tone: 'explanations take such a dreadful time.'

Aware that this opening musing has already taken a dreadfully long time, I'm tempted to follow the Gryphon's advice (the truth: I am sitting in my pyjamas trying to learn how to use a blog doesn't really count as an adventure).

In summary: I am currently in the liminal state between education and employment (hopefully soon I'll be far enough from education not to feel the need to use words like liminal), and thought it would be a logical step to have a sort-of website that I could put on business cards.  If you are a potential employer you are probably better off looking at my Linked In page (I'm the only Kate Massey-Chase, surprise, surprise), as this blog will probably only go a small way to documenting my experience.

Now, I can already hear the Gryphon tutting into his talons.... On with the adventures!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this valuable information to our vision. You have posted a worthy blog keep sharing. Abc ya free games || y8 games online ||friv free games

    ReplyDelete